Hands down, the biggest operating expense for any restaurant is the cost of food. Varying sales and perishable ingredients make controlling food costs a challenging task.
A simple solution to help reduce food costs and increase profits is to use dry Japanese noodles instead of fresh noodles.
There are many benefits of replacing fresh with dry Japanese Noodles:
- Easier Distribution Process: Fresh noodles retain a considerable amount water weight compared to dry noodles. Not only are fresh noodles larger and heavier than dry noodles, fresh noodles must be frozen for transportation, making the distribution process much more complicated.
- Optimizing Storage Space: Freezer space is limited in any kitchen – it’s valuable real estate! Dry noodles do not need to be stored in a freezer, they store easily in the pantry and they also have a much longer shelf-life than fresh noodles. Nanka Seimen dry Japanese noodles maintain their texture even when pre-cooked, making it easy to prep the noodles in advance and store them in the refrigerator.
- Better Yield: Did you know that Dry Noodles provide a much better yield per pound than Fresh noodles and even pre-cooked noodles? In the chart below, you can see that 1lb of Dry Nanka Seimen noodles produce 9 servings, 1lb of Fresh noodles produce only 5 servings, and 1 lb of pre-cooked noodles produce only 3 servings!
Dry Noodles can be a better choice when comparing to many foodservice brands of fresh noodles. That is if you are using Nanka Seimen’s Authentic Japanese Dry Noodles.
Over 115 Years of Experience and Passion for Japanese Noodles
Nanka Seimen has been producing traditional Japanese noodles with simple GMO Free ingredients over 100 years. Strictly adhering to the traditional Japanese methods of small batch mixes, proprietary ingredients, and multi-layer sheeted noodle process to create our authentic Japanese noodles. Our dedication to the traditional Japanese process delivers the texture and flavor absorption of an artisan freshly made noodle – without using additives and preservatives. Our gentle, multi-day slow dry process results in a noodle with excellent strength and a firm texture. Our noodles deliver a natural bouncy bite with superior flavor absorption, making them perfect for hot or cold applications, and are always GMO Free, free of artificial flavors and preservatives, Kosher and Halal certified.
Try Nanka Seimen Dry Japanese Noodles — Free!
We personally invite you (Professional Chefs, Restaurants and food distributors) to try Nanka Seimen Japanese Noodles – Free.
- Easy to prepare – can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Firm bouncy texture with superior flavor absorption – Never soft or soggy.
- Longer lasting texture – preserves noodle texture in broth even when pre-cooked.
- Better yield and money saving compared to fresh or pre-cooked noodles.
100% satisfaction guarantee, experience firsthand what our customers have loved for so many years.