Nanka Seimen’s ultra-thin Somen noodles are built with multiple layers making it a durable noodle that will not crack or split when cooked. Excellent noodles for hot or cold applications.
- 12 oz. package Nanka Seimen Somen noodles
- 2 cups dashi
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- In a medium pot, bring water to a rolling boil and cook Nanka Seimen Somen noodles approximately 3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Heat dashi, soy sauces, sugar and mirin in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool sauce, cover, then chill until cold, approximately 1 hour.
- Serve Somen noodles with dipping sauce and your choice of sides and garnishes.